Iniesta: "To raise doubts after the loss would be very negative"
The captain of Barcelona spoke at a Children's Hospital and while he didn't specify when he will return from injury but says the Espanyol loss should not create doubts.
Appearing at a children's hospital alongside his wife, Anna Ortiz, on Thursday, to support the “Amb tu, com a casa” project looking to raise funds for a new neonatal centre in Barcelona, Andres Iniesta spoke about the commendable initiative and took some questions from the media. He did not specify if he would be ready for the Real Betis game at the weekend or not but spoke about his side's first defeat of the season.
His injuries: "Fortunately, they are nothing big. They are just small overloads, I am working to be back as soon as possible."
The loss against Espanyol: "Nobody would have expected us to be without a loss until yesterday. It's football, it's sport. They are intense games and they are knock-out games. We will try to turn it around."
Would it be an exaggeration to raise doubts after the defeat? "It would be to see it very negative after so many wins in addition to the good vibe. We will try to turn things around."
Piqué's renovation: "He is a very important player for the club and I hope that he can be at the club for many more years."
Te recomendamos en English
- ENTERTAINMENT Global Citizen 2021 live online: singers, performances and concerts
- GOVERNMENT SHUTDOWN 2021 Why is the White House planning for a government shutdown?
- FOURTH STIMULUS CHECK Fourth stimulus check: how many signatures does the petition for the new payment have?
- SERIE A Honours even between Inter and Atalanta at San Siro
- PREMIER LEAGUE Enthralling Brentford-Liverpool clash ends with honours even
- SOCCER Man City: Guardiola "proud" after breaking record in Chelsea win