Madrid target Kepa Arrizabalaga renews with Athletic Bilbao
The Spanish goalkeeper, who was free to leave in the summer, has extended his contract with the Basque club until 2025, and the release clause has been significantly increased.
Athletic Club have renewed the contract of young goalkeeper Kepa Arrizabalaga which will take it to the year 2025.
Athletic tie down Kepa
In spite of the fact that the player was on the verge of joining LaLiga champions Real Madrid, with paperwork in place to make it official, in the end he has decided to put pen to paper with his boyhood club.
El Athletic Club y el jugador @kepa_46 han suscrito el acuerdo de renovación por el que el jugador permanecerá en la disciplina rojiblanca hasta el 30 de junio de 2025. La cláusula de rescisión será de 80 millones de euros. #athletic pic.twitter.com/KMzTbMoqz4— Athletic Club (@AthleticClub) 22 January 2018
With expectations that interest in the promising goalkeeper will continue, the release clause has been increased to 80 million euros. Time will tell whether or not Real Madrid will turn their attention elsewhere now if indeed they want more competition for Keylor Navas.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- Stimulus Checks Second $600 Golden State stimulus check: when will I receive it and how to track
- US NEWS California stimulus check: when will the payments arrive and who qualifies?
- PSG Lionel Messi's PSG contract details revealed
- Soccer Pele in hospital: daughter says he's recovering well
- MLB MLB results: Los Angeles Dodgers beaten by Cincinnati Reds