Atlético's Lucas Hernández could face jail sentence over wedding
Prosecutors are seeking a one-year sentence for the Atlético Madrid player for violating a restraining order to get married to his partner.
Spanish prosecutors are calling for Atlético Madrid defender Lucas Hernández to be handed a jail sentence for breaking a restraining order by marrying his girlfriend.
Couple married last June, despite restraining order
Hernández and his now-wife, Amalia de la Osa, were both slapped with 31 days' community service and a six-month mutual restraining order after a fight between the couple in February last year.
But despite being forbidden from coming within 500 metres of each other, the pair got married in Las Vegas four months later, before travelling on to the Bahamas to celebrate their honeymoon.
They were then detained at Madrid's Adolfo Suárez-Barajas airport on their return to Spain, with Hernández even spending a night in jail.
Prosecutors want one-year jail sentence for Lucas
According to court documents seen by Efe, prosecutors are seeking a one-year custodial sentence for the 21-year-old footballer.
De la Osa is believed to have been released without charge following their arrest last summer, as she had not received formal notification of the restraining order.
Recommended in English
- NFL How and where to watch Broncos vs. Chiefs
- NFL Who plays Sunday night football tonight, week 13
- NFL What's the problem with Vikings quarterback Kirk Cousins?
- LALIGA Barcelona: Gavi taken to hospital with concussion
- NCAA How much money do NCAA football coaches make?
- COVID-19 What is the natural rate of unemployment formula?