Cristiano's inability to find the net away from the Bernabéu
The Portuguese striker is having an indifferent season and an alarming statistic is his impotency in hitting the target in away games.
Six LaLiga goals in fifteen games is a poor return for a goalscorer as prolific as Cristiano Ronaldo with just one of the half-dozen coming in an away league fixture against Getafe in match-day eight.
The Portuguese striker will be hoping that Mestalla, traditionally a happy hunting ground in the past for the Real Madrid No. 7 will see a change in his current fortune. Back in 2011, a headed goal from the Madeira born player helped Madrid bag the Copa del Rey title and secure Cristiano's first honour in the famous white shirt. In the league, the striker has netted six times on seven visits to the Mediterranean city.
Apart from the Champions League where the Portuguese has netted in all of the three away games, his goal-shy 2017/18 season is a concern for all Real Madrid fans. One has to go back to the 2012-13 campaign to revisit his lowest scoring return away from home with 12 goals in 16 games (an average of 0.75 goals per game). His current away strike rate is a long way from that of the 2011/12 and the 2014/15 seasons where he found the net 23 times on away trips with Real Madrid.
Today's game against Valencia will be his 200th league game for Madrid away from home and what better time for the current Balon d'Or holder to address his away goal drought.
Cristiano Ronaldo games/goals in LaLiga away from home
Te recomendamos en English
- Ryder Cup: Garcia gets action underway at Whistling Straits
- Joshua v Usyk: AJ aims to keep it simple as Fury looms large over capital clash
- WORLD NEWS What has Biden said about the Evergrande crisis?
- NFL NFL: Chargers after another road win at Chiefs in big AFC West clash
- PSG Mbappé is a fantastic guy - Pochettino backs PSG forward
- BARCELONA Ronald Koeman receives two-match ban for red card