Tebas: "I would like Neymar to return to LaLiga"
Neymar has been linked with Real Madrid despite thriving at PSG, with LaLiga president Javier Tebas hoping the Brazilian returns to LaLiga.
LaLiga president Javier Tebas wants Neymar to return to Spain, with the Brazilian continuing to be linked with a sensational move to Real Madrid.
Paris Saint-Germain paid a world-record fee of €222million to sign Neymar from Barcelona in August and he has scored 26 goals in 24 appearances in all competitions for the Ligue 1 leaders.
Speculation linking Neymar with Madrid has been constant, however, and PSG defender Marquinhos suggested this month Spanish media outlets are trying to unsettle the player ahead of the two sides' Champions League last-16 tie.
Tebas, who threatened to block Neymar's move to Paris over Financial Fair Play concerns, would be happy for the Brazilian to make the switch to Madrid.
"I would like Neymar to return to Spanish football," Tebas told reporters at the Spanish Sports Press Awards.
"The team doesn't have to be the same, but here [in Spain] we have to be the best - and Neymar is it."
Recommended in English
- CRYPTOCURRENCY What are the cryptocurrencies that have increased the most in value this year?
- NBA Lakers' Anthony Davis: "The whole world wants to see us lose"
- NBA 76ers star Embiid suggests Philadelphia NBA MVP bias
- NBA Heat's Kyle Lowry handed ovation on emotional Toronto return
- NBA Warriors head coach Steve Kerr speaks against gun violence after Sacramento Shooting
- NBA Nets coach Steve Nash rules Simmons out of NBA Play-In