Real Madrid set to increase Cristiano's wage by 9M euro
Spanish daily ABC claim the club will endeavour to retain the Portuguese striker by increasing his annual wage to 30 million euro per season.
The cover of today's Spanish daily Diario 'ABC' reports how Real Madrid are set to offer the Portuguese striker a significant wage increase, effective as of July 1st that will see his annual income at the LaLiga club increase to thirty million euro per campaign. The improvement of nine million euro per season is an indication of the club's effort to ensure the No. 7 continues playing his football at the Santiago Bernabeu.
The annual nine million euro hike moves the player from Madeira's income into line with other global stars such as Paris Saint Germain's Neymar Jr. who is on a reported salary of 36.8 million euro in Ligue 1.
Despite a recent spell of uncertainty surrounding the future for the Portuguese striker, this move would indicate that Cristiano will ply his trade with Real Madrid for the foreseeable future. The initiative also ties in with Ronaldo's recent messages via his social media platforms calling for tranquility and harmony within the institution and will also please the Madrid faithful who were anxious to see their biggest star head for the exit door at the Bernabeu.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS What has Biden said about Justice Breyer's replacement on the Supreme Court?
- SIGA SIGA Global Mentorship Program creating the next generation of female leaders
- NFL How many Super Bowls have the San Francisco 49ers won?
- NFL Chiefs fans donate $223K to Buffalo hospital to mark win vs Bills
- NBA Statue of Kobe and Gianna Bryant erected at crash site
- NBA Giannis admits Cavs deserves greater respect after Bucks win