Roy Keane in Madrid to watch Simeone's Atletico train
Head coach of Atleti 'B' team Óscar Fernández posted a picture from the Majadahonda training base where Keane oversaw Atleti prepare for the Valencia LaLiga clash.
"Great visit to the training session of this morning! Thanks a lot Roy Keane", was the simple message of the tweet posted by Atlético B, coach Óscar Fernández after the former Manchester United player and current No. 2 with the Republic of Ireland national team attended Atletico's training session today as "Los Colchoneros" prepare for the visit of Valencia in LaLiga.
Great visit to the training session of this morning!! Thanks a lot Roy Keane pic.twitter.com/GifKNjDo9U— Óscar Fernández (@o_fer21) 3 February 2018
"Keano" watched the first team put through their paces on Friday's session which was held at the club's new Wanda Metropolitano and this morning visited the side as they went through their final preparation ahead of Sunday's game against Valencia CF.
The Cholo method
The Corkman is just one of many international coaches who have visited the Spanish capital to study the training techniques of Atleti coach Diego Pablo Simeone and his infamous "Cholismo" methods. Despite being the Irish national team number two, Keane has been linked with vacancies in England but his last managerial role was back in 2011 with Suffolk based Championshp outfit Ipswich Town.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Rodgers, Jones give Green Bay first win of season: NFL Week 2 ratings
- NFL Who won Monday Night Football in NFL Week 2?
- NFL The NFL taunting rule is here to stay amidst criticism
- USMNT Sergiño Dest struggled in his return to Barcelona’s starting XI
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Ronald Koeman sacking a matter of when, not if
- Barcelona have to be more united than ever, says Ter Stegen