PSG won't train at the Bernabéu ahead of Champions League match
Unai Emery threw a pre-game planning curve ball ahead of his PSG side's visit to play Real Madrid in the Champions League.
PSG coach Unai Emery revealed a surprising travel plan for his side's Champions League trip to play Real Madrid on Wedneday, with the news that the Ligue 1 leaders won't train at the Bernabéu on the evening before the match.
PSG turn down Bernabéu chance
UEFA offer the opportunity to every away side in the Champions League to carry out a practice session at their rival's stadium, to get a feel for the pitch and the arena, but PSG's Basque coach has decided he'd prefer to have his last training session in Paris on Tuesday morning before flying to the Spanish capital.
PSG will arrive at Barajas airport at 18:50 and head straight to the five-star Eurostar Madrid Tower hotel, where a junior suite is around 300 euros a night, housed in the 236 metre high Torre PwC. Emery himself will head to the Bernabéu to give the pre-game press conference.
The teams last played at the Bernabéu in 2015, in the Champions League group stages. For those that haven't played at the Bernabéu before, they can rest assured that award winning groundsman Paul Burgess will likely have prepared his standard perfectly manicured carpet.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Why is the social security Cost-of-Living Adjustment for 2022 projected at 6.0% to 6.1%?
- NFL Injury struck Baltimore Ravens face the Kansas City Chiefs
- Emmy Awards 2021 How are Emmy awards chosen?
- EMMY AWARDS 2021 2021 Emmy Awards: Times, TV, how to stream and watch online
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool's Klopp gives lowdown after win over Crystal Palace
- LIGUE 1 PSG vs Lyon, how and where to watch - Messi home debut, times, TV, online