PSG won't train at the Bernabéu ahead of Champions League match
Unai Emery threw a pre-game planning curve ball ahead of his PSG side's visit to play Real Madrid in the Champions League.
PSG coach Unai Emery revealed a surprising travel plan for his side's Champions League trip to play Real Madrid on Wedneday, with the news that the Ligue 1 leaders won't train at the Bernabéu on the evening before the match.
PSG turn down Bernabéu chance
UEFA offer the opportunity to every away side in the Champions League to carry out a practice session at their rival's stadium, to get a feel for the pitch and the arena, but PSG's Basque coach has decided he'd prefer to have his last training session in Paris on Tuesday morning before flying to the Spanish capital.
PSG will arrive at Barajas airport at 18:50 and head straight to the five-star Eurostar Madrid Tower hotel, where a junior suite is around 300 euros a night, housed in the 236 metre high Torre PwC. Emery himself will head to the Bernabéu to give the pre-game press conference.
The teams last played at the Bernabéu in 2015, in the Champions League group stages. For those that haven't played at the Bernabéu before, they can rest assured that award winning groundsman Paul Burgess will likely have prepared his standard perfectly manicured carpet.
Te recomendamos en English
- LABOR NEWS Will Wisconsin's child labor reform bill become law?
- NFL Tom Brady sets record with 600th touchdown pass
- MLB How many times have the Atlanta Braves and Dallas Astros won the World Series?
- NFL How and where to watch Bears vs. Bucs
- NFL New York Jets vs New England Patriots summary: score, goals, highlights | NFL today
- NFL Chicago Bears 3 vs 38 Patriots summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 7