Barcelona and Gremio officials to meet next week for Arthur talks
Reports coming out of Brazil state that representatives from both clubs will meet to finalise an agreement for the transfer of the talented youngster to LaLiga.
According to Brazilian outlet UOL, emissaries from Barcelona and Gremio de Porto Alegre will meet next week to advance the negotiation of midfielder Arthur.
Agreement in place say reports
The player has been a key target for the Catalan side for some time and could join Barça in January 2019. Spanish paper Mundo Deportivo went further on Wednesday reporting that there is already an agreement between the Liga club and the player's agent, Jorge Machado.
Coutinho frees up non-Euro place
However, Barça still have to move forward on two other important fronts. Gremio have 60 percent of the player's rights, with another 20% held by businessman Celso Rigo. The Spanish club intends to buy that 20 percent and then negotiate a transfer deal worth around 30 million euros with Gremio. With record-signing Philippe Coutinho obtaining a passport through his wife, this can free up a non-European place for Arthur to take. The plan would then be for him to see out 2018 in Brazil and make the move at the start of next year.
Te recomendamos en English
- Space Missions Where did the SpaceX capsule splashdown?
- NFL Colts vs Rams: Eric Fisher possible starter, coming back after Achilles surgery
- Not this one Jimmy Greaves 1940-2021: English football's greatest ever goalscorer
- Soccer Crisis at Manchester United: Solskjaer rejects Ferdinand's Ronaldo
- PREMIER LEAGUE West Ham vs Manchester United live online: scores, stats and updates, Premier League 2020/21
- NBA NBA star Giannis Antetokounmpo visits Greece with mother and brother