Getafe's Djené: "I'm working to play for a bigger club..."
The Togo international said he is "happy" in south Madrid and concentrated on securing a decent Primera finish but did not hide his ambition for greater things.
Getafe central defender Djené Dakonam has been one of the side’s stand-out players on the club’s return to Primera División and was instrumental in the 0-0 draw in Camp Nou last weekend, which took Getafe to 30 points and that bit closer to ensuring another season in the top flight.
However, the Togo international did not attempt to hide his ambition when asked his future: I’m happy to be at Getafe in my first year in LaLiga. It’s a club without pressure when you lose and it’s good for my first season. I’m working to play for a bigger club.”
Getafe raise Djené's clause to 30 million euros
Getafe recently handed Djené a new contract and raised his minimum release clause to 30 million euros ahead of likely interest from other Liga sides in the summer but the player isn’t looking beyond the current season. “My contract gives me security. I’m happy at Getafe and the best thing for everybody is that I have a good season. I don’t know what will happen tomorrow. I’m talking about the present and I’m focused on the second half of the season, which will be difficult for us, and in helping Getafe to reach all their objectives.”
Djené also lauded the system put in place at the Coliseum by manager José Bordalás. “We work really well together defensively. We also create chances. Our strength is in the way we work together defensively. Then we create chances on the break. When I arrived the objective of the team was to stay up. Now we want to get to 40 points as quickly as possible and then maybe we can dream of Europe, but the main thing is to make sure we stay up.”
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 5 August
- UNEMPLOYMENT COMPENSATION $100 Mixed Earner Unemployment Compensation in California: what's the deadline to claim it?
- CORONAVIRUS Do all states have to follow the mask mandate?
- Coronavirus How effective are masks against the Delta variant?
- MLS “We urgently need to start winning trophies” - Carlos Vela on LAFC goals
- SERIE A Eriksen returns to Inter for first time since cardiac arrest