I never said that the road would be easy - Neymar responds to Madrid defeat
After PSG suffered a major setback in their Champions League last-16 tie with Real Madrid, Brazil star Neymar responded via social media.
Neymar has responded to Paris Saint-Germain's 3-1 loss to Real Madrid in the Champions League with a typically enigmatic post on social media.
The Brazilian had little impact in a crushing defeat at the Santiago Bernabeu, PSG falling to a Cristiano Ronaldo double and Marcelo's late strike after Adrien Rabiot put the Ligue 1 leaders in front.
Neymar was perhaps fortunate not to be sent off, having appeared to dive after being shown a yellow card for a rash hack on Madrid defender Nacho, leading to criticism of the Brazilian from his homeland.
Former Brazil international Walter Casagrande suggested fans are "creating a monster" by going overboard with their praise for the 26-year-old, who became the world's most expensive footballer when he joined PSG from Barcelona for €222million in August.
And Neymar appeared to respond to the criticism with a post on his Instagram page, which has 89.5 million followers.
"Thank you, my God, for all the moments I have in soccer, especially the hardest ones!" Neymar wrote.
Obrigado meu Deus por todos os momentos que tenho no futebol, principalmente os mais difíceis! 🙏🏽— Neymar Jr (@neymarjr) 16 February 2018
“Nunca te disse que a caminhada seria fácil, mas sim que valeria a pena” 🙏🏽 pic.twitter.com/lKh6BrkS4c
"I never told you that the walk would be easy, but it will be worth it."
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL NFL's Jeff Pash and WFT's Bruce Allen implicated in email investigation
- FIFA 22 FIFA 22 Road to the Knockouts: player cards and how to upgrade them
- MEDICARE What if I miss the Medicare deadline?
- NFL Do NFL teams have their own planes? How do they travel to away games?
- NFL Why do NFL players paint under their eyes?
- QATAR 2022 When does the 2022 FIFA World Cup start? Opening game and final dates