I feel you: Depeche Mode's masseur moonlights at Olympics
The United States men's ice hockey team just can't get enough of their new Olympic masseur, who is also the massage therapist for rock band Depeche Mode.
The United States men's ice hockey team just can't get enough of their new Olympic masseur - who also just happens to be the massage therapist for rock band Depeche Mode. Peewee Willman, who soothes the aching bones of the British electro rockers while on tour, moonlights for the American team who are chasing gold in Pyeongchang.
A pain I'm used to
"There is really no big difference between a rock and roll star and a hockey player", said the German - though presumably there is less sex, drugs and rock and roll at the Olympics. "A hockey player - you need harder stuff. You go in deep on the muscle structure. A lead singer needs more work, something for his voice, something for the mental side (of performing) and I can treat it".
Willmann has worked on and off with USA Hockey for 15 years but was offered a job touring with Depeche Mode after fixing a knee injury suffered by lead singer Dave Gahan. "Touring with the band is the same as (working at the Olympics)", said Willman, who will join up with the eighties stars in Mexico before their South American tour when the Olympics come to a close on February 25. "We have our own breakfast club, we go swimming every day. They are getting older and they know they have done some stupid things. It's not the same anymore. The sex, drugs and rock and roll life was in the eighties".
Recommended in English
- MLB Why is the MLB close to a lockout? What are the key issues?
- NFL Where does the Dallas Cowboys - New York Giants team rivalry comes from?
- NFL Who has the biggest NFL rivalry?
- US NEWS What services are likely to stop during a government shutdown?
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES Supreme Court on Roe v Wade live updates: arguments, Abortion Law, Mississippi...
- NFL Who are the 10 best Dallas Cowboy players of all time?