Marcelo injured against Betis for Real Madrid
Real Madrid's Brazilian defender pulled up in the 29th minute of the first half of LaLiga match against Betis and was substituted for Theo.
Bad news for Zidane from Real Madrid's LaLiga clash against Betis. Marcelo was injured in the 26th minute of a frenetic first half after stretching to control a ball in his own box and going down holding the back of his right thigh. He tried to carry on but was forced off, being replaced by Theo in the 29th minute.
Real Madrid's director of institutional relations, Emilio Butragueño, said after the match: "We need to wait and see what the doctors say. He's had to leave the pitch and it's really, really bad news. In 48 hours we'll know the exact extent of the injury".
Zidane however said: "Hopefully Marcelo's [injury] isn't much. We'll see tomorrow. He's said that he feels it isn't much, but we'll see over the coming days."
Marcelo injury against PSG
The Brazilian defender had already had an injury scare this week, screaming in pain after clashing with Alves in the Champions League clash at the Bernabéu against PSG. That time, Marcelo was able to carry on (and went on to score Madrid's third goal), but luck wasn't on his side today.
PSG v Real Madrid: 6 March
Real Madrid travel to Paris to play PSG on 6 March in the second leg of their Champions League clash, with Marcelo now a doubt.
Recommended in English
- NFL Joe Burrow: Winning playoff games the standard to meet for the Bengals
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers' record against the 49ers?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's big question: how to fit Erling Haaland and Kylian Mbappé into the same team
- US NEWS Which fast food restaurants accept EBT food stamps?
- 2022 TAX SEASON Are the tax brackets the same if I am retired?
- NFL Titans could activate RB Derrick Henry ahead of Bengals clash