Coleman demolishes 20-year-old 60m world record
The US sprinter smashed through Maurice Greene's 20-year-old world record over 60 metres at the USATF Indoor Championships.
World Championship silver medallist Christian Coleman is the new world-record holder over 60 metres after a stunning performance in the USATF Indoor Championships final on Sunday.
Coleman broke the tape at 6.34 seconds, shaving five hundredths off the record held for 20 years by Olympic champion and former 100m record holder Maurice Greene.
The 21-year-old had threatened to break the record when running 6.37 in his season-opening run, but the time was not ratified due to the lack of electronic blocks.
However, Coleman looks well set to claim the record this time around, with the IAAF and USA Track and Field revelling in the blistering performance.
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Will unemployment benefits be extended after May unemployment rates?
- NBA PLAYOFFS Clippers' Chris Paul allowed back for Game 3 after covid issue
- US NEWS What's the Blue Alert? why was it activated in Florida?
- BOXING Who is fighting in Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder undercard?
- US NEWS $500 tax rebates: which New Jersey residents will receive the money?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth Stimulus Check: Why is another payment not included in the bipartisan infrastructure bill?