Police search Pep Guardiola's plane looking for Puigdemont
According to reports on Catalunya Radio, Guardiola's private plane was searched thoroughly in search of exiled Catalan nationalist politician Carles Puigdemont.
Pep Guardiola and his family were left stunned recently when the Guardia Civil searched his plane in El Prat airport in Barcelona searching for exiled Catalan nationalist politician Carles Puigdemont.
The Manchester City manager's plane was set to return to the north-east of England after his family spent time in Barcelona during a brief break in the team's schedule. Without a word, the Guardia Civil officers entered the plane and started looking for Puigdemont, who has been living in Brussels since a failed attempt to earn Catalonia independent status through a unilateral declaration of the region's independence. The vote that took place to make such a declaration was considered unconstitutional and Puigdemont was forced to flee the country.
According to Catalunya Rádio "this is not the first time this has happened" and they added that the police force also monitor private planes that transport Chinese people. Puigdemont reportedly has no intention of returning to Catalonia where he is sought by prosecutors.
Te recomendamos en English
- Child Tax Credit Child Tax Credit 2021: when is the deadline to opt out from August payment?
- US NEWS What public pools are open in summer 2021 in Los Angeles?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Ledecky going for gold, medal count, results, today 28 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why is Russia called ROC at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Ledecky aiming for two golds in a day with Titmus in the way
- REAL MADRID Official: Real Madrid defender Varane signs for Manchester United