Confident Kerber enjoying "fresh start" after downing Pliskova
A third semi-final of 2018 awaits Angelique Kerber, who defeated Karolina Pliskova in straight sets at the Dubai Tennis Championships.
Angelique Kerber is enjoying a new lease of life in 2018 and spoke of her regained confidence after defeating Karolina Pliskova at the Dubai Tennis Championships. The German produced a fine display in their last-eight meeting on Thursday, losing just eight points on her first serve en route to a 6-4 6-3 success and a third semi-final in four outings this year.
Kerber's star back on the rise
Having enjoyed a stellar 2016 which yielded Australian and US Open glory, Kerber endured a torrid 2017, failing to go beyond the fourth round at any slam while losing her only WTA Tour final to Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova at the Monterrey Open.
It has been a different story this season, however, Kerber following up her Sydney International victory with a run to the last four of the Australian Open, and the world number nine has another semi-final to look forward to on Friday.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: medal winners, athletes and results, 24 July
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN How much money can you get from stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 24 July
- Olympic Games Since when is skate an olympic sport and why?
- OLYMPIC GAMES What is the USA basketball roster for the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USWNT bounce back in crushing 6-1 New Zealand win