Two years, no goals: Berahino reaches unwanted milestone
Saido Berahino's career has taken a nosedive and 27 February marks two years since the Stoke City striker last found the net.
Stoke City striker Saido Berahino has now gone two full years without a goal in competitive senior football.
Berahino: no goals since 27 February 2016
The 24-year-old last found the net in a 3-2 win for West Brom over Crystal Palace on 27 February 2016.
The milestone underlines just how much of a nosedive Berahino's career has taken after such a promising start to life in the Premier League.
Not only did his last senior goal come at a time when Barack Obama still had over a year left in office as president of the United States, but many of Berahino's performances in that time have shown few signs of improving.
0 - Today is two years to the day that Saido Berahino last scored in a senior competitive fixture (Feb 27th 2016). Since then, he has:— OptaJoe (@OptaJoe) February 27, 2018
- Played 42 games & 2324 minutes
- Attempted 55 shots, with 20 on target
- Missed three penalties
Berahino drought includes three missed penalties
He has played 2,324 minutes across 42 matches since that goal, attempted 55 shots on goal and hit the target with 20 of them.
He has also taken three penalties, all of which were missed.
It is a remarkable drought for a player who caught the eye in England's top flight when he scored the winning goal for West Brom against Manchester United at Old Trafford in September 2013.
Since then, he has gone from a 20-goal season and links with Tottenham to a reported £12million move to Stoke, disciplinary problems and even a recent rant against paparazzi near his home.
Recommended in English
- FORMULA 1 Lewis Hamilton wants to see change in Saudi Arabia
- SOCIAL SECURITY What is an unrestricted Social Security card? How can I apply for it?
- NFL Bucs' Bruce Arians wants the NFL to look at other teams.
- LALIGA Barcelona vs Betis: times, TV and how to watch online
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES What is the difference between an abortion pill and Plan B?
- SOCCER AC Milan defender Simon Kjaer out for the rest of the season after undergoing knee surgery