Suárez rotation in trouble as Alcácer hit by gastroenteritis
Barcelona back-up striker Paco Alcácer wasn't at training today and may not be able to travel to Las Palmas. The Barça line-up is in doubt.
Barcelona striker Paco Alcácer has been struck down with a bout of gastroenteritis and missed training at Ciutat Esportiva Joan Gamper. Meaning that if Ernesto Valverde had been thinking about resting Luis Suárez for the Liga clash against Las Palmas on Thursday, that plan is looking complicated.
Suárez close to suspension
The Uruguayan is on four yellow cards, meaning if he played against Las Palmas and ended up being booked he'd miss the crunch game against Atlético Madrid on Sunday (hence his ever more desperate attempts on Saturday to get booked against Girona).
Line-up doubts for Barcelona
All this means Suárez might be the only centre-forward available to Valverde for the trip to Las Palmas, although he would have other options, such as a 4-3-3, with Messi as a false 9 flanked by Coutinho and Dembélé.
Academy stiker Aleña was called up to first team training and Valverde could be looking at taking him to Las Palmas. Barça fly on Wednesday at 18:30, what's not so certain is what team Valverde will put out, with his thoughts firmly on the game with Atlético Madrid on Sunday at 16:15.
Recommended in English
- NBA Ricky enjoying the present: "It's not a cliché, it's a lifestyle"
- NFL Chiefs record 12th successive win over Broncos
- NFL What happened with Ravens' failed two-point conversion against the Steelers in Week 13
- NFL Patrick Mahomes on what the Kansas City Chiefs need
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Casemiro in no doubt that Mbappé is compatible with Vinicius
- MANCHESTER UNITED Chris Armas: who is the US coach set to join Manchester United?