Rummenigge: "The cards are already on the table for James..."
"There is an option which we have the ability to exercise. If memory serves, the clause is 42 million euros, not a small sum...", the Bayern CEO told the club's television channel.
Bayern Munich CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has spoken to the club's television channel about James Rodríguez's situation, which has been the subject of much speculation over the past few weeks.
James going from strength to strength at Bayern
How James's arrival at Bayern came about: "It was originally Ancelotti's idea [to bring James to Bayern], and I think it was an assetive move. He has come on leaps and bounds, especially now under Jupp Heynckes, and has become a very important player for us, a player with wonderful technique and a great shot - as we saw recently with his free-kicks against Bayer Leverkusen".
What the future holds for James: "The cards are on the table: he's with us on loan for two years. After that, there is an option which we have the ability to exercise. If I'm not mistaken it's 42 million euros, by no means , although in the current market, we are seeing extortionate prices. We'll take things slowly and act when the time comes, which doesn't have to be immediately - or even this year, but we will make a decision eventually".
Te recomendamos en English
- SOCCER Real Madrid's Vinicius outshining his idol Neymar at PSG
- Technology Which phones will no longer support WhatsApp starting on November 1?
- SOCIAL SECURITY How many people will benefit from the Social Security increase in California?
- NFL NFL Commissioner Goodell: WFT probe results won’t be released
- NFL | STEELERS Steelers coach Tomlin says he would 'never' take college job
- NBA | LAKERS Westbrook: "I'm not used to people cheering for me on the road"