Carrasco, Gaitan and Fonte endure miserable CSL debuts
Dalian Yifang fell to a crushing defeat in their season opener against Shanghai SIPG despite fielding three high-profile debutants.
Yannick Carrasco, Nicolas Gaitan and Jose Fonte had debuts to forget as Dalian Yifang were thumped 8-0 by Shanghai SIPG on the opening matchday of the Chinese Super League.
The high-profile trio all made surprise moves to the club recently but endured a torrid start to life in China as their Oscar-inspired opponents ran riot.
The former Chelsea midfielder netted a hat-trick to start his season in style, with Wu Lei also scoring a treble.
Oscar’s compatriot Hulk and Lu Wenjun were also on target in the resounding victory at the Shanghai Stadium.
Fonte joined the China League One champions from West Ham, while Carrasco and Gaitan both joined from Atletico Madrid.
Te recomendamos en English
- BOXING Joshua: "No real strategy except for winning" against Usyk
- BOXING Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Osyk: date, tickets, venue
- WORLD NEWS How does Evergrande conglomerate put China's housing system in danger of collapse?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Klopp salutes Liverpool ace Minamino and reveals Firmino fitness update
- GOLF Five reasons why we all love the Ryder Cup
- NBA 15-year NBA veteran JJ Redick announces retirement