Arthur to Barcelona imminent, Grêmio president confirms
Although no deal has yet been completed for the in-demand midfielder, Romildo Bolzan has stated the transfer could go through this week.
Grêmio have confirmed Arthur's long-awaited move to Barcelona is on the brink of being completed.
Barça have reportedly been keen on the midfielder since he shone in Grêmio's Copa Libertadores triumph.
Arthur was photographed wearing the Catalan club's jersey in a meeting with Barca sporting director Robert Fernandez in December.
The deal has been edging towards completion for some time and Grêmio president Romildo Bolzan says the move is imminent.
"The topic is on its way to being finished," Bolzan told reporters after Grêmio's match on Wednesday. "The documents are not signed yet, but the transfer is reaching the final phase.
Grêmio president: "I think it will be over tomorrow"
"I think it will be over by tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. "Some things still depend on legal issues. It still requires some care.
"It is heading towards a final situation tomorrow, I believe."
Barca, who signed South American players Philippe Coutinho and Yerry Mina in the January transfer window, are expected to close a deal worth an estimated €40million for Arthur.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Caeleb Dressel 100m swimming, medal count, results, today 29 July
- Stimulus Checks $1000 stimulus check for educators: how to claim it if I haven't received it
- US NEWS Disgraced USA Gymnastics doctor, Larry Nassar has received $2,000 in stimulus checks
- LA GALAXY ‘Chicharito’ Hernández to miss his sixth consecutive MLS game due to injury
- Olympic Games | Gymnastics How tall and what age are the USA gymnasts?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Who is Jade Carey, the US gymnast replacing Simone Biles at the Olympics?