UEFA open file against PSG for ultra behaviour against Madrid
The Ligue 1 side will be punished for insufficient organisation, use of lasers, flares and the blocking of stairs during the Champions League game against Real Madrid.
UEFA have decided to act on PSG's permissiveness with their ultras on Tuesday night at Parc des Princes when Real Madrid knocked the Ligue 1 side out of the Champions League. Their use of flares caused two stoppages during the game. The use of lasers, insufficient organisation and the blocking of stairs has also been used to make a case against them, according to RMC journalist Loic Tanzi.
The resolution to the situation will be published on 22 March and PSG will know their punishment, if there is one, on that date. According to the rules of UEFA, they could be hit with a fine of €500 for each flare lit.
Madrid also raised a complaint to UEFA for the ultras' behaviour on the night before the game when they were acting rowdily outside the team's hotel. The smoke caused by the flares caused two stoppages due to visibility becoming an issue and Felix Brych, the referee, and his assistants were struggling to see through the smoke.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Denver Broncos vs Cleveland Browns live online: scores, stats and updates | NFL Week 7
- MLB Braves vs. Dodgers live online, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series
- US NEWS Is the Social Security increase for 2022 the largest in US history?
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?
- NBA NBA 20/21 season to feature 109 international players from 39 countries