Fred will go to Manchester City or United - Shakhtar CEO
Brazil midfielder Fred will join either Manchester City or Manchester United in July, believes Shakhtar Donetsk's chief executive.
Rivals Manchester City and Manchester United will do battle for Brazil international Fred come the end of the season, according to Shakhtar Donetsk chief executive Sergei Palkin.
Manchester-bound Fred is ready for step up
The 25-year-old midfielder has impressed in the Champions League this season, scoring Shakhtar's winner in their last-16 first leg against Roma and reportedly drawing the attention of both Manchester clubs.
And Palkan expects that Fred is destined for one of the two Premier League giants when the transfer window opens again later this year, with a €60million fee mooted.
"Fred will leave in July," he said, as reported by Sporx. "If he does not go to Manchester City, he will go to Manchester United.
"Fred is ready to play in the strongest league [in Europe]. He is not only a very good player but also a very good professional. I would like him to have one more year in our team, but he is ready for a stronger league."
Former Internacional man Fred faced City in the Champions League group stages this season, playing the full 90 minutes in both a home win and an away defeat.
He made his international debut in 2014 and has been included in Tite's latest Brazil squad for friendlies against Russia and Germany, with the World Cup just three months away.
Recommended in English
- CRYPTOCURRENCY What are the cryptocurrencies that have increased the most in value this year?
- NBA Lakers' Anthony Davis: "The whole world wants to see us lose"
- NBA 76ers star Embiid suggests Philadelphia NBA MVP bias
- NBA Heat's Kyle Lowry handed ovation on emotional Toronto return
- NBA Warriors head coach Steve Kerr speaks against gun violence after Sacramento Shooting
- NBA Nets coach Steve Nash rules Simmons out of NBA Play-In