Man of the match cat pitch invader lands Besiktas in trouble
It has been a memorable couple of days for the cat pitch invader at Besiktas, who has landed the Turkish club in trouble with UEFA.
Besiktas have been hit with a UEFA charge after a cat invaded the pitch during Wednesday's Champions League clash against Bayern Munich.
Feline fine for Besiktas
It has been quite the 24 hours for the inquisitive feline, who briefly brought a pause to proceedings in the second half at Vodafone Arena before being shooed away.
Comically, and with a certain amount of inevitability, the ginger cat won a Bayern Munich poll for man of the match, beating off competition from more household names such as Sandro Wagner, Thiago Alcantara and Thomas Muller following Bayern's 3-1 win that secured an 8-1 aggregate triumph.
But on Thursday, the animal's exploring landed Besiktas in trouble with Europe's governing body and the case will be dealt with on May 31.
Besiktas were also charged for the more serious offences of throwing objects and blocking stairways.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPICS Team USA vs Spain 2021 Tokyo Olympics live updates: score, stats, highlights
- OLYMPIC GAMES How does sport climbing work at the Olympics? Rules, format and score system
- OLYMPICS GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 2 August
- OLYMPIC GAMES Simone Biles returns for gymnastic's balance beam finals: times, TV, and how to watch 2021 Olympics
- TRAVEL Which countries are in the ‘Level 4: Do not travel' category?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER The USWNT will play against Australia for bronze