Leo Messi desperate for World Cup success
Lionel Messi is desperate to win the World Cup with Argentina, setting his sights on Russia 2018.
Argentina star Lionel Messi dreams of winning the 2018 World Cup and warned his international team-mates it could be their last chance.
A senior trophy with the national team is all that is missing from Messi's incredible career, which has included a record five Ballon d'Or crowns.
Since Messi made his debut in 2005, Argentina have been three-time Copa America runners-up and also lost the 2014 World Cup final in Brazil.
The 30-year-old Barcelona star is desperate to go one better in Russia, with his team having been beaten by Germany in extra time in Rio de Janeiro four years ago.
"We feel that, if we won't win the World Cup in Russia, the only way will be to give up the national team," Messi told La Cornisa on Sunday. "I dream of winning the trophy in Russia. My wish is to live something similar to Brazil 2014. "You can do everything OK and fail, like Argentina in Brazil."
Te recomendamos en English
- Child Tax Credit Child Tax Credit 2021: when is the deadline to opt out from August payment?
- US NEWS What public pools are open in summer 2021 in Los Angeles?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Ledecky going for gold, medal count, results, today 28 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why is Russia called ROC at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Ledecky aiming for two golds in a day with Titmus in the way
- REAL MADRID Official: Real Madrid defender Varane signs for Manchester United