Atlético mulling move for Fiorentina defender Pezzella
The Argentina international is on loan at La Viola from Betis and has been a key player in Stefano Pioli's side this season, alerting Diego Simeone.
Fiorentina are preparing a 10-million-euro offer to exercise their purchase option on Germán Pezzella, who is on loan at the Artemio Franchi from Betis and has become a key player in Stefano Pioli's side this season.
And La Viola are keen to bolster Betis’ coffers as soon as possible, according to Fiorentinanews.com, with several other clubs having been impressed with the Argentina international’s performances this season.
Chief among these is Atlético Madrid, who are in the market for defensive reinforcements in the summer and have put the 26-year-old at the top of their list.
While at Betis, Pezzella failed to impress Quique Setién and was loaned out to Fiorentina after failing to nail down a spot at the Villamarín.
Inter and Zenit also monitoring Pezzella
However, his performances this season earned a call-up to Jorge Sampaoli’s Argentina squad for friendlies against Russia and Nigeria last November, starting both games, although he missed out on the latest squad.
Pezzella joined Betis from River Plate in 2015, with the Liga club paying 2.5 million to obtain 50 percent of his rights and later adding the remainder to make him a Betis player outright. Pezzella is valued at 10 million euros but with Inter and Zenit also keeping an eye on his situation, Fiorentina could face a battle to land him for that price.
Te recomendamos en English
- International Soccer Mexico 2-3 Ecuador summary: score, goals, highlights, exhibition match
- MLB Braves vs. Astros commentary, scores, stats and updates: World Series Game 2
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands
- NFL Report: Cardinals DE J.J. Watt could miss rest of season
- NFL Who plays Thursday night football?
- NBA Lakers outclassed in Oklahoma in a night of NBA surprises