Vertonghen relaxed over Alderweireld's Tottenham future
Toby Alderweireld has been linked with a move away from Tottenham but Jan Vertonghen is not too anxious about the rumours.
Jan Vertonghen does not appear too concerned by the question marks over Toby Alderweireld's future at Tottenham.
The centre-backs became partners in the Ajax senior side after coming through the club's youth system and have played together in north London since Alderweireld's arrival in 2015.
The 29-year-old has been linked with a move away from Spurs, though, with Manchester United among the clubs reportedly interested in a player who has a little over two years left on his contract.
Vertonghen, however, is not worried about his compatriot's future, telling Sky Sports News: "Whenever we play we understand each other. When I left for Tottenham, Toby left for Atletico [Madrid] and Southampton but we found each other quite quick after that, so no stress.
"We've been playing together for a long time and we know how to play together, but I don't want to speak about this because it might sound disrespectful to whoever is playing next to me or next to Toby in other situations."
Alderweireld has made only 17 appearances in all competitions this season for Spurs, largely due to a hamstring injury.
Te recomendamos en English
- Ryder Cup: Garcia gets action underway at Whistling Straits
- Joshua v Usyk: AJ aims to keep it simple as Fury looms large over capital clash
- WORLD NEWS What has Biden said about the Evergrande crisis?
- NFL NFL: Chargers after another road win at Chiefs in big AFC West clash
- PSG Mbappé is a fantastic guy - Pochettino backs PSG forward
- BARCELONA Ronald Koeman receives two-match ban for red card