SPAIN 6 - 1 ARGENTINA
Ramos, Mascherano and Piqué share a joke in the tunnel
Spanish and Argentine players across the Real Madrid-Barça divide got involved in some banter ahead of the international friendly between their sides.
Ahead of the international friendly on Tuesday evening between Spain and Argentina, three of the protagonists, Sergio Ramos, Gerard Piqué and Javier Mascherano, were involved in another friendly encounter.
Spain - Argentina friendly banter
As both sides lined up in the tunnel, Spain and Real Madrid's Ramos was congratulated on becoming a father again, news that had broken just a few days ago, by Argentinian and former Barcelona midfielder, Mascherano.
"Congratulations on the birth of your new child," he said leaning across the lines.
"Thank you very much," responded the Spaniard, before his national teammate, and Barça defender, Piqué jumped in to joke that 'Masch' was keeping himself informed of what was going on in the world.
"I see you're on top of everything," he said.
The Albiceleste player took a moment to think then cheekily replied that he was indeed: "I have time for everything...".
Their own brand of friendly banter was enjoyed by others in the line-ups who giggled along.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS What is Walmart's buy now, pay later program? Why is the layaway program discarded?
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano eruption today: evacuation, possible tsunami and live updates
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- NFL | JAGUARS Jags QB Lawrence vows not to 'play timid' after throwing seven interceptions
- NFL | BUCS Brady demands Bucs learn from Rams defeat
- Rodgers convinced last-gasp turnaround gives Packers 'legitimacy' as Super Bowl contenders