"I met Dybala and told him he was a great player and that's it"
The Atlético coach confirmed meeting with the Juve player but played down the meeting as his side prepare to face struggling deportivo in LaLiga.
Diego Pablo Simeone faced the media ahead of the home game against relegation threatened Galician side Deportivo la Coruña.
-How do you see the game against Deportivo?
-They have a great coach with plenty of charisma and they have deserved better fate in recent times. They come into the game desperate for a result and we need to keep our recent positive run. I always looked forward to games against Seedorf as a player and I hope he has the same success on the bench as he did on the pitch.
-Will Costa be rested?
-He seems to have picked up a knock and I want guys on the pitch who are 100% fit to play
-Your recent meeting with Dybala has sparked plenty of speculation...
-It pains me to see all sorts of mis-information sparked off from this. We bumped into each other at a restaurant. I was eating alone and he was with two friends. I told him that he was a fine player and that's the height of it. There are people from the media who do a great job and others who fail to do so... The world needs constant new information and I'm happy to see when things are reported correctly.
-Do you feel competition for places will be determined by so many players missing with injury?
-No as from Thursday onward we'll have the likes of Vitolo, Griezmann, Giménez back and fit..
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS How can I register to vote in New Jersey?
- USMNT Christian Pulisic is ‘really suffering’ after ankle injury setbacks
- MLS Landon Donovan rejects the Real Salt Lake managerial job
- SOCCER Barcelona close to agreeing new Ansu Fati contract - Koeman
- NBA Milwaukee Bucks 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades
- NBA Los Angeles Lakers 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades