Zidane says no guard of honour for Barça in Clásico if they seal LaLiga
Zidane says it is his decision and that Real Madrid will not do a guard of honour which seems to be a response to Barca's refusal after Club World Cup success
Barcelona could win the league in the next couple of weeks. They sit nine points clear of Atlético Madrid with eight games and 24 points to play for. Therefore, if they win 15 points in their next five games against Leganes, Valencia, Celta Vigo, Sevilla and Depor, they will have sealed the title before Real Madrid's trip to the Camp Nou at the beginning of May.
Two questions about Madrid possibly having to do pasillo at Camp Nou in a month's time already... "We're not going to do it, that's it," is Zidane's answer.— Dermot Corrigan (@dermotmcorrigan) April 7, 2018
No guard of honour for Barcelona at Camp Nou
It is tradition that the team playing the newly-crowned champions do a guard of honour for them but Zinedine Zidane rules out this possibility. "We're not going to do it, that's it," he says, "It's my decision".
There has been some controversy over guard of honours recently with Barcelona refusing to do one for their rivals after they had won the Club World Cup in December. Barça's stance was that they would do a guard of honour if they competed in the competition and Real Madrid won but they had not been in the Club World Cup.
Recommended in English
- FORMULA 1 Lewis Hamilton wants to see change in Saudi Arabia
- SOCIAL SECURITY What is an unrestricted Social Security card? How can I apply for it?
- NFL Bucs' Bruce Arians wants the NFL to look at other teams.
- LALIGA Barcelona vs Betis: times, TV and how to watch online
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES What is the difference between an abortion pill and Plan B?
- SOCCER AC Milan defender Simon Kjaer out for the rest of the season after undergoing knee surgery