Aubameyang 'wasn't sure' about Lacazette
Club rivalries from their time in Ligue 1 meant Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang was initially wary of Arsenal team-mate Alexandre Lacazette.
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang says he was unsure about Alexandre Lacazette when he arrived at the club in January.
Aubameyang usurped Lacazette as the club's record signing when he joined Arsenal from Borussia Dortmund in a £56million deal.
The strikers have subsequently developed a promising relationship despite Arsenal's Premier League struggles, the Gabon international giving up the chance to score his first Arsenal hat-trick by handing over a penalty to Lacazette in April 1's defeat of Stoke City.
Both players made their name in Ligue 1 and Aubameyang suggested he had some initial concerns about how he could work with Lacazette.
"My friend Lacazette was at Lyon when I was at Saint-Etienne," Aubameyang told Arsenal's website. "He's a player I appreciate and was good for me when I arrived here as he's a nice person, very positive.
"I wasn't 100 per cent sure about him when I came here as there were some Lyon players I didn't get on well with - but he wasn't someone I had problems with when I played against them.
"I'm really happy to get to know someone so positive and he helped me settle into the dressing room."
Aubameyang has scored six Premier League goals in eight appearances since joining Arsenal, while Lacazette has hit the net 13 times in all competitions in his debut campaign.
Te recomendamos en English
- Child Tax Credit Child Tax Credit 2021: when is the deadline to opt out from August payment?
- US NEWS What public pools are open in summer 2021 in Los Angeles?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 28 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why is Russia called ROC at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics?
- CORONAVIRUS What are the new CDC mask guidelines for schools?
- OLYMPICS USA played with freedom in bounce-back Iran victory – Kevin Durant