Bayern hand Bundesliga debut to 18-year-old Lars Lukas Mai
Jupp Heynckes fielded a much-changed Bayern Munich team for the trip to Hannover and made the defender the sixth-youngest club debutant in history.
Lars Lukas Mai made his Bayern Munich debut in Saturday's Bundesliga clash with Hannover at HDI Arena.
The 18-year-old defender was in the starting line-up as coach Jupp Heynckes rested several players ahead of Wednesday's Champions League semi-final first leg against Real Madrid.
Mai, captain of Bayern's Under-19 side this season, is the first player born in the year 2000 to make a league appearance for the senior team and is their sixth-youngest debutant in the top flight.
6 – Mit Lars Lukas #Mai gibt heute der erste Spieler des Jahrgangs 2000 sein Debüt für den @FCBayern in der #Bundesliga – nur 6 Spieler waren jünger bei ihrem ersten Einsatz. Zukunft. #H96FCB pic.twitter.com/Iyo14wqgu7— OptaFranz (@OptaFranz) April 21, 2018
Only Roque Santa Cruz, Berkant Goktan, Gianluca Gaudino, Toni Kroos, David Alaba and Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg made their Bundesliga debuts for the club at a younger age.
Mai's inclusion allows Joshua Kimmich to be rested, with the full-back on the bench alongside Mats Hummels, Franck Ribery, Javi Martinez, Robert Lewandowski and Thomas Muller.
Alaba has been left out of the squad due to some concerns over muscle problems but is expected to be fit to face Real Madrid on Wednesday.
Te recomendamos en English
- RYDER CUP 2021 Ryder Cup 2021 full schedule: participants, match dates, and times
- NFL Panthers at Texans: Fantasy Start ‘ems and Sit ‘ems
- REAL MADRID Mbappé: 100 days until PSG star can negotiate with Real Madrid
- Nagelsmann on Rudiger to Bayern rumours: I'll have to see if I have any money in my wallet!
- 76ers and Doc Rivers want to convince Ben Simmons to stay amid trade talk
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals extend streak, Rays clinch playoff berth