Iniesta eyes 31st Barça trophy in Copa del Rey final
With a move to China imminent, the Barça midfielder is keen to top off a glittering career at the Camp Nou with more silverware, starting with the Copa del Rey.
Andrés Iniesta is no stranger to cup finals and will play his eighth Copa del Rey final on Saturday evening in the Wanda Metropolitano as Barcelona take on Sevilla (21:30, CEST). Along with Gerard Piqué, Sergio Busquets and Lionel Messi, Iniesta is an old hand in Spain's domestic cup competition, lifting the trophy on five occasions, in 2009, 2012, 2015, 2016 and 2017, and losing out twice, both times to Real Madrid, in 2011 and 2014.
However, with a big-money move to China due to be announced in the coming days, the Barça midfielder is keen to add another two trophies - the Copa del Rey and LaLiga - to his sparkling collection to top off a glistening career at the Camp Nou.
A trophy-laden career
Iniesta will captain the side on Saturday evening as he eyes up the 31st trophy of his Barcelona career. Of the 30 pieces of silverware under his belt, 20 have come domestically (eight league titles, five Copas and seven Super Cups), with four Champions Leagues, three Club World Cups and three European Super Cups.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Who plays on Thursday Night Football? NFL | Week 7
- SOCCER Hernán ‘Bolillo’ Gómez to be appointed as Honduras' new manager
- SOCCER Mexico's new logo gets leaked ahead of the World Cup
- NBA Boston Celtics 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades
- NBA 76ers' Doc Rivers speaks on Ben Simmons, again
- MLB Braves vs. Dodgers live online, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series