Quique Setién: "Iniesta, don't go to China, come to Betis!"
The coach, whose Betis side take on Atlético at the Wanda Metropolitano tonight, was half joking but half serious about poaching Iniesta.
With the terrace chants "Iniesta, Iniesta" during last night's Copa del Rey final still ringing in the ears, the Wanda Metropolitano welcomes Betis this evening as hosts Atlético de Madrid seek to extend their impressive home record. Betis boss Quique Setién joined in the tributes to the Barcelona No.8 who was on target in the 0-5 victory and given a standing ovation as he left the pitch: "Iniesta, please, don't go to China, come to Betis", the coach wrote on Twitter.
Setién is a huge admirer of the late Johan Cruyff's philosophy on the game and of Barcelona's style of football in general, so it's no surprise that he is also a big fan of Iniesta. The midfielder is playing out his final days as a barcelonista and will be continuing his professional career in the Far East.
One of the greatest Spanish players of all-time
At 34 , Iniesta is set to move on after having played a key part in many of the important chapters in Spanish football history - both with the national team and especially with Barcelona. While Setién and a host of other coaches in LaLiga dream, it seems that Iniesta could never play for another Spanish club than wasn't Barça - not even a special club like Betis.
Iniesta, por favor, no te vayas a China, vente al Betis!!— Quique Setien (@QSetien) 22 de abril de 2018
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Who plays on Thursday Night Football? NFL | Week 7
- SOCCER Hernán ‘Bolillo’ Gómez to be appointed as Honduras' new manager
- SOCCER Mexico's new logo gets leaked ahead of the World Cup
- NBA Boston Celtics 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades
- NBA 76ers' Doc Rivers speaks on Ben Simmons, again
- MLB Braves vs. Dodgers live online, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series