Quique Setién: "Iniesta, don't go to China, come to Betis!"
The coach, whose Betis side take on Atlético at the Wanda Metropolitano tonight, was half joking but half serious about poaching Iniesta.
With the terrace chants "Iniesta, Iniesta" during last night's Copa del Rey final still ringing in the ears, the Wanda Metropolitano welcomes Betis this evening as hosts Atlético de Madrid seek to extend their impressive home record. Betis boss Quique Setién joined in the tributes to the Barcelona No.8 who was on target in the 0-5 victory and given a standing ovation as he left the pitch: "Iniesta, please, don't go to China, come to Betis", the coach wrote on Twitter.
Setién is a huge admirer of the late Johan Cruyff's philosophy on the game and of Barcelona's style of football in general, so it's no surprise that he is also a big fan of Iniesta. The midfielder is playing out his final days as a barcelonista and will be continuing his professional career in the Far East.
One of the greatest Spanish players of all-time
At 34 , Iniesta is set to move on after having played a key part in many of the important chapters in Spanish football history - both with the national team and especially with Barcelona. While Setién and a host of other coaches in LaLiga dream, it seems that Iniesta could never play for another Spanish club than wasn't Barça - not even a special club like Betis.
Iniesta, por favor, no te vayas a China, vente al Betis!!— Quique Setien (@QSetien) 22 de abril de 2018
Te recomendamos en English
- Ryder Cup: Garcia gets action underway at Whistling Straits
- Joshua v Usyk: AJ aims to keep it simple as Fury looms large over capital clash
- WORLD NEWS What has Biden said about the Evergrande crisis?
- NFL NFL: Chargers after another road win at Chiefs in big AFC West clash
- PSG Mbappé is a fantastic guy - Pochettino backs PSG forward
- BARCELONA Ronald Koeman receives two-match ban for red card