Semedo avoids trial over alleged assault but remains in jail
The Villarreal defender remains in jail but avoids going to jail for his first alleged crime and is awaiting trial for attempted murder case.
Ruben Semedo has avoided having to go to trial after reaching a financial agreement with the court along with acknowledging his actions, that of a simple assault.
The Villarreal player, who is currently suspended without pay arrived at the City of Justice in Valencia, where he was transferred from the Picassent prison. He was set to be tried for an alleged assault on a young man outside a nightclub in Valencia in October.
The player allegedly assaulted the man outside the nightclub by breaking a bottle over his head after an altercation inside the nightclub. Semedo remains in prison, however, waiting to be tried on the much more serious allegations of attempted murder, illegal possession of firearms and robbery.
Te recomendamos en English
- SOCCER Real Madrid's Vinicius outshining his idol Neymar at PSG
- Technology Which phones will no longer support WhatsApp starting on November 1?
- SOCIAL SECURITY How many people will benefit from the Social Security increase in California?
- NFL NFL Commissioner Goodell: WFT probe results won’t be released
- NFL | STEELERS Steelers coach Tomlin says he would 'never' take college job
- NBA | LAKERS Westbrook: "I'm not used to people cheering for me on the road"