Filipe Luis returns to Atlético squad for Arsenal game
The Brazilian full back has recovered from a fractured fibula and is included in Diego Simeone's 18-player squad for the visit of Arsene Wenger's side.
Diego Simeone has received some welcome reinforcement to his squad ahead of the second leg of Atlético’s Europa League semi-final tie against Arsenal with Filipe Luis being given the green light to play.
The Brazilian full back has been included in Simeone’s 18-player squad for the visit of Arsene Wenger’s side on Thursday after recovering from a fractured fibula suffered in the same competition against Lokomotiv Moscow on March 15.
Simeone stretched to the limit again against Arsenal
With Juanfran still injured and Sime Vrsaljko suspended after being sent off in the previous leg, Simeone has called up his remaining 17 first-team players and Atlético B winger Roberto Olabe.
Filipe is unlikely to start in the Metropolitano, with Lucas Hernández having filled in at left back to good effect in the Brazilian’s absence, but with such a thin squad Simeone will be more than happy to see one of his more experienced players on the bench as Atlético seek to capitalize on a 1-1 draw in the Emirates to go through to the final in Lyon.
Te recomendamos en English
- SOCCER Atlético Madrid: Trippier has his future mapped out
- NFL Buffalo Bills 31 vs Tennessee Titans 34 summary: score, stats, and highlights | NFL Week 6
- MLB Boston Red Sox annihilate Houston Astros in Game 3
- NFL NFL week 6 highlights: scores, updates, big wins and losses
- USMNT Gio Reyna could miss November international break
- NBA LeBron discusses injuries ahead of Lakers-Warriors clash