Ribery signs new deal with Bayern Munich
Bundesliga champions Bayern Munich have retained the services of Franck Ribery for one more season.
Franck Ribery has ended speculation over his future by signing a new contract with Bayern Munich.
Ribery staying with Bayern
French winger Ribery, who had made no secret of his desire to remain at the Allianz Arena, will spend a 12th season with the Bundesliga champions after penning a one-year deal.
Ribery missed two months of the season with a knee injury but has returned to play a pivotal role in helping Bayern retain their title.
The 35-year-old has now won the league in Germany eight times since joining Bayern from Marseille in 2007, while he also helped the club to Champions League glory in 2013, when they defeated domestic rivals Borussia Dortmund 2-1 in the final at Wembley.
Bayern will look to complete a domestic double when they meet Eintracht Frankfurt in the DFB-Pokal final on May 19.
"We're very pleased to be retaining Franck," sporting director Hasan Salihamidzic told the club's official website.
"This season, Franck has once again proved in the Bundesliga as well as in Champions League and the DFB-Pokal the outstanding achievements he is capable of and what a great quality he has.
"He is also one of our crowd-pleasers."
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Who plays on Thursday Night Football? NFL | Week 7
- SOCCER Hernán ‘Bolillo’ Gómez to be appointed as Honduras' new manager
- SOCCER Mexico's new logo gets leaked ahead of the World Cup
- NBA Boston Celtics 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades
- NBA 76ers' Doc Rivers speaks on Ben Simmons, again
- MLB Braves vs. Dodgers live online, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series