Milner a doubt for Champions League final
Klopp is hopeful the midfielder will recover in time for the final in Kiev against Real Madrid.
Liverpool midfielder Jamees Milner missed Sunday's match against Brighton (4-0) with a muscle strain and is a doubt for Champions League final against Real Madrid on 26 May. Milner, 32, didn't train all week and wasn't called up for the last game of the Premier season.
According to Jürgen Klopp, the Liverpool coach, it's a minor injury and he believes the player will be fit for the big match in Kiev. "He couldn't train all week, but we expect him to improve and be ready in time", said Klopp.
Liverpool players to miss out
Defenders Joe Gomez and Joel Matip and midfielders Emre Can and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain are all out of the Champions League final with long term injuries.
Te recomendamos en English
- 76ers and Doc Rivers want to convince Ben Simmons to stay amid trade talk
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals extend streak, Rays clinch playoff berth
- SCIENCE NEWS When will the Sun die?
- NFL Odell Beckham Jr. close to return for Cleveland Browns
- NFL New York Jets' Zach Wilson reflects on his disastrous 'four interceptions' game
- NFL New York Giants' Nick Gates in good spirits while facing an uncertain future