Jorge Sampaoli has named his Argentina squad for the 2018 World Cup, with Mauro Icardi and Paulo Dybala both making the cut.
Ángel Correa misses out
Sampaoli has named a pre-tournament squad of 35 players, which will be whittled down to 23 names as the tournament draws closer. Icardi and Dybala have been in and out of the Argentina squad in the last few months, but have made the cut ahead of La Albiceleste's trip to Russia.
Atlético Madrid's Ángel Correa misses out, as do Mathias Kranevitter and Fernando Gago.
Argentina open their World Cup against Iceland on 16 June, and will also face Nigeria and Croatia in the group stages.
Argentina squad for the 2018 World Cup:
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS David Beckham's Inter Miami and in sponsorship talks with Qatar
- SERIE A Inter Milan director confirms Christian Eriksen bid and agreement for Chelsea's Victor Moses
- PREMIER LEAGUE Guardiola focused on improving Manchester City rather than chasing Liverpool
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Ousmane Dembélé enters the final phase of his recovery
- ARITZ GABILONDO Reinier, a classic No. 10 in the same mould as Kaká or Rai
- FOOTBALL Messi, Aubameyang, Pogba... 15 stars who are out of contract in 2021