Atleti fans pick their final line-up with Gabi, Thomas and Filipe
As.com ran a survey to see how Atlético fans felt that Diego Simeone should line up in Lyon and the results are in, with the Ghanaian preferred at right back.
Atlético Madrid fans have voted for the their preferred starting XI in the Stade de Lyon this evening for the Europa League final against Marseille and have expressed their desire to see Ghana international Thomas Partey at right back ahead of Juanfran and Sime Vrsaljko.
Vitolo also received plenty of support from Atleti fans even though winger has been recovering from injury. Vitolo took part in full training ahead of the match though and is available for Diego Simeone if the Atlético boss chooses to select him.
The midfield more or less picks itself given the thin squad at Simeone’s disposal, witk Koke and Gabi in the middle and Vitolo and Saúl providing the width.
Up front, unsurprisingly, the most votes went to star striker Antoine Griezmann and his favoured attacking partner Diego Costa.
Atlético Madrid fans’ XI for Olympique Marseille
Oblak; Filipe Luis, Diego Godín, José María Giménez, Thomas Partey; Koke, Gabi, Saúl, Vitolo; Antoine Griezmann, Diego Costa.
Recommended in English
- FORMULA 1 Lewis Hamilton wants to see change in Saudi Arabia
- SOCIAL SECURITY What is an unrestricted Social Security card? How can I apply for it?
- NFL Bucs' Bruce Arians wants the NFL to look at other teams.
- LALIGA Barcelona vs Betis: times, TV and how to watch online
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES What is the difference between an abortion pill and Plan B?
- SOCCER AC Milan defender Simon Kjaer out for the rest of the season after undergoing knee surgery