Mönchengladbach: Bennetts the latest English recruit at club
The number of young English stars in the Bundesliga continues to grow as Keanan Bennetts completes a move to Borussia Mönchengladbach.
Keanan Bennetts has become Borussia Mönchengladbach's latest English signing following the completion of his transfer from Tottenham Hotspur.
Joins Englishmen Egbo and Oxford at Bundesliga club
Gladbach gave Bundesliga minutes to both Mandela Egbo and Reece Oxford - two young English talents - this season, while Jadon Sancho and Ademola Lookman starred elsewhere in the division.
And Bennetts will now join that growing contingent after signing a four-year deal, with Gladbach confident the 19-year-old winger can follow in the footsteps of his compatriots.
"Keanan can play a variety of attacking roles," sporting director Max Eberl said. "He has played for Spurs in the Premier League 2 and in the Uefa Youth League this season, and we back him to make the step up to the Bundesliga. We're delighted he has chosen to sign for Borussia."
Speaks German through his Hamburg-born mother
England youth international Bennetts already speaks German thanks to his mother, who was born in Hamburg.
"Borussia are one of Germany's biggest teams," he said. "I'm really looking forward to experiencing the atmosphere at Borussia Park."
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Is a government shutdown going to happen at the end of the month?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Football heading for 30-minute halves and stopped clock
- NFL Houston's Mills will be fourth rookie QB to start this year
- NFL Tom Brady admits he wants to be paid in Bitcoin
- SOCCER UEFA criticises FIFA for lack of consultation on World Cup proposals
- JUVENTUS Juventus player Arthur Melo involved in car crash