Besiktas boss hints at Liverpool deal for Anderson Talisca
Senol Günes has suggested the on-loan and in-demand Benfica midfielder could be off to Merseyside: "He might be rivals with Çenk Tosun."
Besiktas coach Senol Günes hinted Anderson Talisca has agreed a transfer to a Premier League club.
Talisca has spent the last two seasons on loan at Besiktas from Benfica, scoring 27 goals in 55 Super Lig appearances to reportedly draw the interest of Manchester United and Liverpool.
Despite beating Sivasspor 5-1 on Saturday, Günes' side were unable to defend their Super Lig title as Galatasaray reclaimed the crown with a 1-0 win over Goztepe.
Beşiktaş end season with an impressive win at home. pic.twitter.com/a79XCSpoY3— Beşiktaş JK English (@BesiktasEnglish) May 19, 2018
It is to prove Talisca's last outing for Besiktas, with the coach confirming he has already agreed a move to another club.
"Talisca was already gone at the mid-season break," said Günes. "I'm sorry that he won't be with us any longer. I wish he could stay for his sake and ours. He already had a deal in place."
Günes suggested the Premier League will be Talisca's next destination by mentioning one of the Brazilian's former team-mates who is now at Everton.
Asked about which team Talisca will be joining, he said: "He might be rivals with Çenk Tosun."
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: USA, Caeleb Dressel gold and WR in 4x100 medley, medal count, results, today 1 August
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check and child tax credit live updates: can it be passed in August? dates, tax return, opt-out...
- NFL Zimmer "frustrated" as 3 Viking QBs sit out practice due to covid-19 protocols
- GOLD CUP 2021 Mexico's CONCACAF 2021 Gold Cup squad: key absentees
- MLB Rays beat Red Sox to move top; Mets win in Báez debut
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 1 August