Besiktas boss hints at Liverpool deal for Anderson Talisca
Senol Günes has suggested the on-loan and in-demand Benfica midfielder could be off to Merseyside: "He might be rivals with Çenk Tosun."
Besiktas coach Senol Günes hinted Anderson Talisca has agreed a transfer to a Premier League club.
Talisca has spent the last two seasons on loan at Besiktas from Benfica, scoring 27 goals in 55 Super Lig appearances to reportedly draw the interest of Manchester United and Liverpool.
Despite beating Sivasspor 5-1 on Saturday, Günes' side were unable to defend their Super Lig title as Galatasaray reclaimed the crown with a 1-0 win over Goztepe.
Beşiktaş end season with an impressive win at home. pic.twitter.com/a79XCSpoY3— Beşiktaş JK English (@BesiktasEnglish) May 19, 2018
It is to prove Talisca's last outing for Besiktas, with the coach confirming he has already agreed a move to another club.
"Talisca was already gone at the mid-season break," said Günes. "I'm sorry that he won't be with us any longer. I wish he could stay for his sake and ours. He already had a deal in place."
Günes suggested the Premier League will be Talisca's next destination by mentioning one of the Brazilian's former team-mates who is now at Everton.
Asked about which team Talisca will be joining, he said: "He might be rivals with Çenk Tosun."
Recommended in English
- CRYPTOCURRENCY What are the cryptocurrencies that have increased the most in value this year?
- NBA Lakers' Anthony Davis: "The whole world wants to see us lose"
- NBA 76ers star Embiid suggests Philadelphia NBA MVP bias
- NBA Heat's Kyle Lowry handed ovation on emotional Toronto return
- NBA Warriors head coach Steve Kerr speaks against gun violence after Sacramento Shooting
- NBA Nets coach Steve Nash rules Simmons out of NBA Play-In