NewslettersSign inAPP
spainSPAINargentinaARGENTINAchileCHILEcolombiaCOLOMBIAusaUSAmexicoMEXICOperuPERUlatin usaLATIN USAamericaAMERICA

FORMULA 1

Alonso looks forward to return to Monaco for McClaren

After missing the Monaco Grand Prix last year, two-time Formula One Champion Fernando Alonso is itching to test his McClaren MCL33 on the demanding street circuit.

Update:
McLaren driver Fernando Alonso (14) of Spain arrive at the qualifying day of the Spanish Formula One Grand Prix on 12th May 2018 in Barcelona, Spain.
G3-CAT@GTRESONLINE

Fernando Alonso will be hoping to make it six from six this weekend at the Monaco Grand Prix, which will keep him in the select club, alongside Lewis Hamilton and Sebastian Vettel, as the only three drivers that have scored points in all races of the 2018 championship to date.

Alonso, who in 2017 was replaced by Jenson Button to participate with McLaren Honda Andretti in the Indianapolis 500, said he's looking forward to testing the performance of the MCL33 on the legendary street circuit.

Exciting return for Alonso

"Going back to Monaco will be really exciting after a short break last year. I really want to get behind the wheel for the first time there after two years and see how our car works," said the two-time Formula One champion.

"We need to maximize everything on Saturday and then fight a lot on Sunday to earn as many points as possible."

Rules

To be able to comment you must be registered and logged in. Forgot password?