Alonso looks forward to return to Monaco for McClaren
After missing the Monaco Grand Prix last year, two-time Formula One Champion Fernando Alonso is itching to test his McClaren MCL33 on the demanding street circuit.
Fernando Alonso will be hoping to make it six from six this weekend at the Monaco Grand Prix, which will keep him in the select club, alongside Lewis Hamilton and Sebastian Vettel, as the only three drivers that have scored points in all races of the 2018 championship to date.
Alonso, who in 2017 was replaced by Jenson Button to participate with McLaren Honda Andretti in the Indianapolis 500, said he's looking forward to testing the performance of the MCL33 on the legendary street circuit.
Exciting return for Alonso
"Going back to Monaco will be really exciting after a short break last year. I really want to get behind the wheel for the first time there after two years and see how our car works," said the two-time Formula One champion.
"We need to maximize everything on Saturday and then fight a lot on Sunday to earn as many points as possible."
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL 49ers LB Dre Greenlaw out for 4-6 weeks due to groin injury
- National Football League second week breakdown
- BAYERN MUNICH "Magician", "the next Neymar": new Bayern starlet draws lofty praise
- PREMIER LEAGUE Despite posting losses Woodward confident that Man Utd are 'on right track'
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League: match-day 5, bullet point preview
- NBA Real Madrid's Demin, Duru among youngsters tipped for NBA