Official: Iniesta signs for Vissel Kobe in Japan
After much speculation, the post-Barça era for Spanish midfielder Andrés Iniesta is to begin in Japan, where he'll join up with Germany's Lukas Podolski.
Spain midfielder Andres Iniesta has signed with Japanese side Vissel Kobe, kicking off a new chapter in his career after a storied 16 years with Barcelona, the J.League club said on Thursday.
Iniesta future decided
The 34-year-old former Barcelona captain, who had spent his entire career with the Spanish giants, was introduced at a news conference in Tokyo by Kobe owner Hiroshi Mikitani.
ようこそイニエスタ！— ヴィッセル神戸 (@vissel_kobe) 24 May 2018
Iniesta seja bem vindo!
잘오셨어요 이니에스타 !https://t.co/fXn41SrydR#vissel #BienvenidoIniesta #iniesta #WeAreKobe @andresiniesta8 pic.twitter.com/ok1mettKqj
Ahead of the official announcement, Iniesta had posted on Instagram a photo of himself and Mikitani with a message that he was "heading to my new home".
Mikitani is also the head of Barca's main sponsor Rakuten.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 5 August
- UNEMPLOYMENT COMPENSATION $100 Mixed Earner Unemployment Compensation in California: what's the deadline to claim it?
- CORONAVIRUS Do all states have to follow the mask mandate?
- Coronavirus How effective are masks against the Delta variant?
- MLS “We urgently need to start winning trophies” - Carlos Vela on LAFC goals
- SERIE A Eriksen returns to Inter for first time since cardiac arrest