Nigeria’s Moses Simon ruled out of World Cup with thigh injury
Simon has been ruled out of Nigeria’s World Cup squad with an injury that will sideline him for at least three weeks.
Nigeria winger Moses Simon has been ruled out of the World Cup after suffering a thigh injury that is expected to sideline him for at least three weeks, the Super Eagles’ coach Gernot Rohr confirmed on Sunday.
The KAA Gent’s forward limped out of Thursday’s training session in Uyo and had a scan performed on him the next day, revealing a serious injury.
‘Yes, the situation is that he has an injury and the medical staff said he will bob out for like three or four weeks,’ Rohr told reporters.
‘This is a confirmation that he will not be with us for the World Cup.’
Huge blow for Super Eagles
Simon has been a regular for Nigeria under Gernot Rohr. The winger played a key role in Nigeria’s qualification for the World Cup.
He was one of the certainties in the Super Eagles’ final squad of 23 for the tournament in Russia.
‘This is unfortunate because he was an important player for us during our qualification matches,’ concluded Rohr.
The former youth international has won 17 caps for Nigeria’s senior squad and has scored three goals.
A Russia, Nigeria have been drawn with Argentina, Croatia and Iceland in Group D, starting against Croatia on 16 June in Kaliningrad.
Te recomendamos en English
- El Clásico Who is José María Sánchez Martínez, the referee for El Clásico 2021 Barcelona - Real Madrid?
- LALIGA Barcelona vs Real Madrid: injured and sanctioned players for El Clásico 2021
- Serie A Allegri dubs Inter title favourites ahead of Derby d'Italia
- NBA Nash cheers Nets first win: "It'll take a while, it won't be pretty"
- MLB Astros never doubted they would beat Red Sox admits Baker
- EL CLASICO Which player has scored the most goals in El Clásico history? All time top scorers