Gerrard handed tough Rangers start away to Aberdeen
New Rangers boss Steven Gerrard will travel to Aberdeen on the first weekend of the 2018-19 Scottish Premiership season.
New Rangers manager Steven Gerrard will start life in the Scottish Premiership with a tricky away fixture at Aberdeen.
Rangers begin campaign against 2017/18 runners up
Former England international Gerrard signed a four-year contract to take charge at Ibrox in May, despite having no previous senior managerial experience.
His attempt to break Celtic's dominance in Scotland begins at Pittodrie on 5 August, with Rangers travelling to face a club who have finished runners up for the past four successive seasons.
As for champions Celtic, they start the defence of their title by hosting promoted Livingston on 4 August.
First Old Firm derby of season on 1 or 2 September
Gerrard will not have to wait long to experience an Old Firm derby, though, as the first meeting of the two Glasgow clubs is scheduled for Celtic Park on either 1 or 2 September.
That game will pit the Liverpool legend against former boss Brendan Rodgers, who has secured back-to-back trebles in his two years in charge of Celtic.
The Premiership season will once again incorporate a mid-season break - no league fixtures will take place from 31 December to 23 January.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: medal winners, athletes and results, 24 July
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN How much money can you get from stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 24 July
- Olympic Games Since when is skate an olympic sport and why?
- OLYMPIC GAMES What is the USA basketball roster for the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USWNT bounce back in crushing 6-1 New Zealand win