Piqué accepts warning from Bartomeu and Barcelona board
Gerard Piqué and Josep Maria Bartomeu will sit down after the World Cup and try to smooth things over after some comments in the media regarding the Griezmann affair.
Gerard Piqué, who displayed an indignant tone after the Portugal game when asked about his involvement in the Antoine Griezmann decision documentary. He said "nobody can question my commitment to Barcelona" and had a similar snarky response ready when asked after the Iran game. "If they want to talk to me, they know my number," he said. "They know where the dressing room is. I'd love to speak with them. I don't have any problem. I'm sure we will speak and resolve the situation."
The defender is aware of what his involvement in the documentary means along with Kosmos Studios and especially his advertising of it on social media, which has generated discontent at Barcelona. Bartomeu wants to talk to Piqué face-to-face after the World Cup when he hopes Piqué has calmed down a little bit in order to fix the problem. The club is wary of starting a fight with a player who has as much weight as him. They do, however, want to draw a line regarding behaviour and this could be a turning point.
Barcelona don't forget Samul Umtiti's involvement in promoting the documentary through his social media channels either. Jordi Mestre warned the French defender that he would be called over the subject along with Piqué. After renewing his contract just recently, expect optimal behaviour and performance and expect him to continue on the same path he was on last season but want to speak to him about the Griezmann affair.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Why is the social security Cost-of-Living Adjustment for 2022 projected at 6.0% to 6.1%?
- NFL Injury struck Baltimore Ravens face the Kansas City Chiefs
- Emmy Awards 2021 How are Emmy awards chosen?
- EMMY AWARDS 2021 2021 Emmy Awards: Times, TV, how to stream and watch online
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool's Klopp gives lowdown after win over Crystal Palace
- LIGUE 1 PSG vs Lyon, how and where to watch - Messi home debut, times, TV, online