Atlético Madrid put offer in for AC Milan's Nikola Kalinic
According to Italian paper Il Messaggero, the offer entails a loan deal with the obligatory purchase at the end of loan term for a fee of between 18 and 20 million euros.
Atlético Madrid are currently scouring the market in search of a striker to cover the possible departure of Kevin Gameiro – for whom Valencia has shown the most interest – and Fernando Torres, who left the club at the end of last season and will apparently go to Japan. And in Italy it has been reported that AC Milan’s Nikola Kalinic is a prime target of the Madrid club.
Newspaper Il Messaggero claims Atlético have put in an offer for the Croatian striker, which would entail a loan deal with the obligatory purchase at the end of the loan arrangement for a fee of between 18 and 20 million euros. Atletico had similar deal for Diego Costa, who came back to Madrid on loan from Chelsea for the second half of last season for a fee of 5 million euros. But as agreed, Atletico must now pay Chelsea 50 million euros to officially make the Spaniard an Atlético player once again.
Kalinic good option, as Atletico want to lower expenses
With the 50 million it must fork up for Costa, and after the signings of Rodrigo Hernández and Thomas Lemar (the most expensive signing in the club’s history), Atlético will be looking to minimise further expenses, and Kalinic would be a good option considering the fee and payment terms the club has proposed.
AC Milan are currently on the lookout for a world-class striker and would, therefore, be willing to sell 30-year-old, who was sent home from the World Cup by Croatian coach Zlatko Dalic after he refused to come off the bench during the game against Nigeria.
Recommended in English
- SOCIAL SECURITY What should I do if I lose my Social Security card?
- UNITED STATES Martin Luther King, Jr Day: is it national holiday? Why is it celebrated today? Origin & meaning
- MARTIN LUTHER KING JR DAY Supermarkets opening hours on Martin Luther King Jr Day: Walmart, Costco, Target...
- Martin Luther King Day 2021 Banks opening hours on Martin Luther King Jr Day: Chase, Wells Fargo, Citibank
- NFL Buccaneers injuries: Wirfs out with sprained ankle
- NFL The Cowboys lose to the 49ers on a bizarre final play