WORLD CUP 2018
Suarez hurt in Uruguay training as Cavani sits out team session
Edinson Cavani did not take part in Uruguay's full training session on Tuesday with more concerns in the camp after Luis Suarez got a knock.
Luis Suarez suffered an injury scare in Uruguay training on Tuesday as strike partner Edinson Cavani sat out the team training session.
Barcelona star Suarez pulled up with apparent discomfort in his right leg during practice at the team base in Nizhny Novgorod and was forced to limp to the sidelines.
Suarez did manage to resume training but the incident will have caused a few concerns for head coach Oscar Tabarez, whose side take on France in the World Cup quarter-finals on Friday.
Cavani sustained a hamstring injury during the 2-1 last-16 win over Portugal and, although he completed gym work, the Paris Saint-Germain forward was the only player in the 23-man squad not to take part in Tuesday's outdoor session at Sports Centre Borsky.
Scans carried out on Monday showed Cavani does not have a muscle tear, but his chances of starting the match against France in Nizhny remain in doubt.
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS In which states did unemployment claims increase last week?
- CONSTITUTION DAY When was the US Constitution signed?
- US NEWS How will Biden respond to the wave of migrants gathered under a Texas bridge?
- NFL New York Giants 29 vs 33 Washington Football Team summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 2
- NFL Nick Gates breaks leg, New York Giants offensive linesman suffers fracture vs Washington
- MLB Angels’ Ohtani’s arm sore, may miss rest of season as pitcher