WORLD CUP 2018
Mbappe misses France training ahead of Belgium semi-final
Kylian Mbappe was absent from France's training session on Monday but Didier Deschamps expects to have a full squad to face Belgium.
Paris Saint-Germain teenager Mbappe has been one of the stars of the tournament in Russia, scoring three times, including a brace to crown a destructive showing against Argentina in the round of 16.
Head coach Didier Deschamps told a pre-match news conference before training that he expected to have a full squad available to face Roberto Martinez's men and explained players had been rested from recent sessions as a precaution.
Also during the open part of activities at Krestovsky Stadium, Benjamin Pavard and N'Golo Kante worked away from the main group – jogging lightly around the pitch with a member of France's coaching staff.
"Nobody is out, even though we rested some of our players as a precautionary measure," Deschamps said. "Everybody should be fine for tomorrow."
#FRA out training now. Pavard and Kante jogging away from the group and no sign of Mbappe.— Dom Farrell (@DomFarrell1986) July 9, 2018
Deschamps did just say he expects everyone to be fit to face #BEL so perhaps not huge cause for alarm.#WorldCup @OmnisportNews pic.twitter.com/aEGdQsTruy
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL How does the salary cap of NBA teams work? Trades, extensions, minimum veteran salary
- MLB Houston Astros take Game 1 over Boston Red Sox in ALCS
- OTHER SPORTS Canelo vs Plant fight: odds, prediction, dates, times
- US NEWS Why are there food shortages and a global supply chain crisis?
- US NEWS How much does it cost to be a space tourist?
- US NEWS Why are John Deere workers striking?